- Aboriginal Outreach
- ASAP (Anger Substance Abuse Program
- Breaking the Cycle
- Community Justice
- Finding Employment with Criminal Record
- Intake, Counselling,
and Case Management
- Public Education
- Record Suspension (Pardon)
- S.T.E.A.M. (Strategies to Employment Anger Management)
- Youth Intervention Counselling Program
Domestic Violence and Partner Services
- Treatment programs are available for men who have been mandated due to domestic assault charges. To determine eligibility, men are invited to an assessment/orientation session (culturally-specific and generic groups are available evening's and Saturday's).
- Information, referrals and support, counseling and safety planning are offered to women whose
partners attend Domestic Violence Programs.
First Things First
Providing harm reduction services to reduce risk of harm from substance abuse. This service is provided through educational sessions at the Toronto Jail and in weekly relapse prevention groups at our downtown location. This service is also provided on through one-to-one counseling and assessments. Referrals are made to treatment programs to support clients with their plan of care. The objective of this program is to work with men to support treatment plan in order to obtain and secure housing.
Pre-release planning, supportive counseling, and institutional programs and/or groups are offered at
the Toronto East Detention Centre, the Toronto West Detention Centre, the Toronto Jail and Mimico
Post Incarceration Housing Support Services
- We provide pre-release housing support planning services to individuals currently incarcerated in our
local correction facilities.
- Post incarceration housing support services are provided to the homeless clients recently released from provincial and federal facilities to receive assistance to obtain and retain housing.
- As individual circumstances dictates, housing help will be available though partnerships and referrals
to private landlords, public housing providers, and, other agencies that offer housing assistance and
follow-up support services.
Scarborough Addiction Services
S.M.A.R.T – Scarborough Mosaic Addiction Response Team – Provides counseling services and educational sessions on harm reduction and substance abuse services meeting the diverse needs of the Scarborough community. This program is offered in Tamil and English with a focus on providing Newcomers with information and support in this regard. We also provide this service at the Metro East Detention Centre upon request.
Transitional Housing Support Services
We also operate transitional housing in partnership with the Center for Addiction and Mental Health (CAMH) for clients of the Toronto Drug Treatment Court. This transitional housing provides clients with
on-going addictions counseling and access to permanent accommodations.
Our Volunteers participate in meaningful and innovative work in our community as well as within our local correctional facilities by providing some of the following supportive services:
- Board membership, administrative and computer support, community advocacy, and assistance with
Society programs and services.
- Volunteers support federal and provincial inmates through letter writing by participating in the
- Volunteers work with inmates to prepare for their release by providing
counseling, life skills coaching,
and information about agency programs and community resources.